Tuesday, June 18, 2013

More Flora Around Cloudcroft

My friend Lynn helped me clear up a couple of mystery flowers that I've posted before.  On the way south we saw this one which is called Horse-thistle or Silverleaf Nightshade.


And if I understand her right, this one is Hog Potato; it's in the Pea family.

Much of the forest around Cloudcroft is Ponderosa Pine and scrubby Oak trees. This is a look up the Lanes' street; their house is just about to the top of the hill on the right.

Oak and Pine
Here are some more plants I've found here and there around Cloudcroft; you would recognize this one from along roads in Montana.
last year's Teasel
this year's Teasel; I hope to see it in bloom before we go.


The wild Roses are blooming everywhere.  this one still had lots of dark red hips from last year.


New Mexico Vervain

This looks like Nine-bark, but I'm not sure
Maybe Nine-bark?

New Mexico Groundsel?
Yellow Salsify
Yellow Gromwell
We took Alli and Colter out in the Lane's jeep for a tour of the back roads around Cloudcroft and had a picnic.  Colter found a "Horny toad."


Mr. Grumpy is having a rough day!

No comments:

Post a Comment